Brushwork – Monday 8th October

I spent a bit of time today on my Chaos Space Marines from the Dark Vengeance Boxed set.

On Saturday I was at my FLGS to face off against the new Chaos Codex. Whilst I was there I picked up the new Aspiring Champion model as he’s clearly designed to go with the rest of the Dark Vengeance set. This has meant that the Chosen Champion from the boxed set can now make a perfect Dark Apostle, as he looks like a corrupted Chaplain already with his skull-helm and Power Maul:

Aspiring Champion - click to enlarge
Aspiring Champion – click to enlarge

This chap has a red helmet with a white stripe in line with the Codex Astartes (my Blood Reavers are a recently corrupted Blood Ravens patrol).

The poor lighting unfortunately doesn’t show up the highlights and ink wash on this particular model – I really should photograph in better light!

Dark Apostle - click to enlarge
Dark Apostle – click to enlarge

I also continued work on the Chaos Lord – I’m unsure what colour to do the detailing on the inside of his cloak though:

Chaos Lord - click to enlarge
Chaos Lord – click to enlarge
Chaos Lord - click to enlarge
Chaos Lord – click to enlarge

I’ll probably just go for a red on the inner detail, but I think the outer one could use something a little more striking.

Next up, the rest of the Chosen – just a few bits of detailing left and highlights and they’re done!

Chosen with Power Fist - click to enlarge
Chosen with Power Fist – click to enlarge
Chosen with Lightning Claws - click to enlarge
Chosen with Lightning Claws – click to enlarge
Chosen with Power Axe - click to enlarge
Chosen with Power Axe – click to enlarge
Chosen with Boltguns - click to enlarge
Chosen with Boltguns – click to enlarge

I swapped a couple of backpacks around on the Chosen, both for variety on the Bolter-armed models, but also so that the Dark Apostle wouldn’t be carrying a Bolter on his backpack.

Finally, I continued working on the Helbrute – again, he needs the final details and some highlights on his armour before he’s complete:

Helbrute - click to enlarge
Helbrute – click to enlarge

The green eyes on the models was painted with Scorpion Green followed by a thin black line for the eye slit, followed by a wash of Thraka Green. The blue on the tentacles was achieved by first painting them Regal Blue, then two drybrush layers – the first one with Ultramarine Blue and the second with an old pot of a really pale blue I’ve had for years (it may have been Nauseating Blue, I forget, it’s not in its original pot!)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s