Brushwork – Tuesday 11th December

Sunday morning I was struck with an unusual bout of insomnia, waking up at 4am, so I decided to continue work on my second Attack Bike, which is now nearly complete, plus I progressed further with a pair of new additions to my usual army list…

This second Attack Bike just needs the chapter symbols and squad markings added before I add the dust and dirt to the bodywork:

Space Marine Attack Bike - click to enlarge
Space Marine Attack Bike – click to enlarge
Space Marine Attack Bike - click to enlarge
Space Marine Attack Bike – click to enlarge

And here’s a comparison shot next to his squadmate:

Space Marine Attack Bikes - click to enlarge
Space Marine Attack Bikes – click to enlarge

Next up, I figured I’d start work on a pair of things I’ve been holding off on for a while (I actually have 3, although I only tend to use 2 at a time, so the third one may get repurposed for a different army or sold off, I’m not sure yet). I’ll start off with a couple of teaser shots of their bases (which include some familiar looking red Tau…:

Flying base - click to enlarge
Flying base – click to enlarge
Flying base - click to enlarge
Flying base – click to enlarge

And here they both are, about 50% complete I reckon. I had to complete the pilots, cockpits and servitors before gluing the canopies in place, and I also worked on the running lights on the wings to make them appear as if they’re lit up – it kind of works, although I got a bit lazy with the blending, plus I’m not great at object source lighting:

Stormraven Gunships - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunships – click to enlarge

I’ve begun the blacklining on this Stormraven:

Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge

Here’s a couple of closer shots of the Techmarine pilot and Servitor gunner:

Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge

Here’s a pair of closer shots of the running lights – I had to blend these up to near white from the deeper colour, then use PVA glue to attack the light cover. In hindsight, a simple coat of white would have sufficed and I could’ve just used inks to tint the covers (like how an actual light would work…), but for some reason I figured I’d try this way first:

Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge

I’ve done some basic work on the interior, which you can see in the next couple of shots (with and without flash):

Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship - click to enlarge
Stormraven Gunship – click to enlarge

There’s still a long way to go on these two – a ton of detail work still to complete, plus a lot of tidying up in places all over them, but at least now they’re at an acceptable standard for the tabletop.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s