Brushwork – Monday 29th July

Eldar Warp Spider - click to enlarge

I’ve been continuing work on my Eldar this week, as I feel they’ve been left unloved for so many years now, I’m trying to actually get them painted up into something resembling an army!

First off, here’s a couple of pics of some of the magnetised weapons and my heavy weapons platforms. I’ve used greenstuff to help embed the magnets and blend them in – it’s not perfect, but it’ll suffice! Here’s an image of the bare platforms with just their magnets showing:

Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms (with magnets) - click to enlarge
Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms (with magnets) – click to enlarge

I managed to magnetise 6 Bright Lances, 3 Scatter Lasers, 3 Missile Launchers and 6 Star Cannons, although I’ve not shown everything below as that would be a waste of everyone’s time!

Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms  - click to enlarge
Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms – click to enlarge
Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms  - click to enlarge
Eldar Heavy Weapon Platforms – click to enlarge

In addition to these two heavy weapon platforms, I’ve also magnetised 3 Vypers and my War Walkers, which I didn’t take pictures of, although I will soon.

I’ve also made a start on my Warp Spiders – I’ve had a few of these since I was about 12, and when the last Codex was released I picked up a few more, and I’m now able to field a full unit of 10, although none of them have had a decent paint job until now! This guy needs a bit of tidying up on the white, and I need to find a decent highlight colour for the red, as the orange I’ve used isn’t striking enough:

Eldar Warp Spider - click to enlarge
Eldar Warp Spider – click to enlarge

I wanted to do something with the end of the weapon, so I’ve given it a green glow effect, although the colour’s a bit washed out and it doesn’t look as bright as it does in real life. I layered Snot Green, then Goblin Green, and finally Scorpion Green to get the effect.

Last up, I did a little more work to my ‘spares’ Autarch (built from various bits lying around my bits box). I went a step further with this guy, filled in some gaps, repaired some damage to his legs, filled in the butt-crack at the back (never been a fan of those on the Eldar models, to be honest), reinforced his banner pole and resculpted the shoulder pads at the rear (as I’d used a Guardian rear half of the torso as I’d run out of Dire Avenger ones, so there was a mis-match in the side of the shoulder pieces). I also decided to give him some sort of optical device over his right eye:

Converted Eldar Autarch - click to enlarge
Converted Eldar Autarch – click to enlarge
Converted Eldar Autarch - click to enlarge
Converted Eldar Autarch – click to enlarge
Converted Eldar Autarch - click to enlarge
Converted Eldar Autarch – click to enlarge

I’m gradually building in confidence with the use of green stuff, although I don’t think I’ll ever be able to match the skill of some people I know! (and one of these days I’ll get him to post more images of his stuff, including his incredible Tyranids!)

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s