Construction Work – Friday November 1st

All Aleph models - click to enlarge

Ok, so I may not have completed the Deva Functionaries and their Devabots in time for this blog post (they’ve reached the undercoat stage, which isn’t really worth making a post about). However, I did decide to build the rest of my Aleph models, as I can’t abide having unbuilt models in the house!

Here’s a group shot, including the aforementioned Devas:

All Aleph models - click to enlarge
All Aleph models – click to enlarge

All together, this is around 370 points, so I’ve got a bit of room to swap models in and out for a bit of variety, although I’ll inevitably expand them, as the Aleph have some fantastic models in their range. The Devas and Devabots are first on my list though as I want to use them in my NeoTerran Sectorial list, which I may or may not take to the Winter Challenge in 3 weeks time.

One thing which I had to change (and the main reason for this post) was the Dakini Tactbot who appears to be ‘figure skating’ – he’s meant to be running, but for some reason it just looks odd:

'Figure skating' Tactbot - click to enlarge
‘Figure skating’ Tactbot – click to enlarge

Luckily for me, the left leg is a separate piece, and so repositioning it was a relatively simple task – I had to bend the legs slightly so that they would be flat on the floor, but other than that, it was a relatively simple conversion:

Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) – click to enlarge
Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) – click to enlarge
Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Converted Dakini Tactbot (work in progress) – click to enlarge

As you can see, he needs a bit of cleanup work (there’s a lot of greenstuff ‘overflow’ around his hip joint, for instance). Once the green stuff has properly cured I’ll trim it back slightly so it’s less messy.

You can see from the group shot above that I still need to fill in the gaps at the edge of the bases, although thanks to Antenociti’s Workshop I’ve now got a time-saving alternative that will fit right in! Granted, if I want a 50mm base (for example, for the PanO remotes or a Marut) then I’ll have to revert to my current method, but for most future purchases I can just order a few packs of these bases (they also make 40mm and 60mm varieties, although 60 is a little large for Infinity, I feel). I prefer these bases over the Micro Art Studio ones as they don’t artificially boost the height of the miniature like the MAS ones do (in some cases, the base is twice the thickness of a standard base, and that makes the models look weird and too tall to hide behind some pieces of cover).

In other, non-Infinity news, I’m entered into a local 1250pt 40k Tournament in January, so that’s rekindled my 40k interest again. I’m still undecided which army to take, but whichever one I decide to go with I’m sure you’ll see updates over the next few months!

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Construction Work – Friday November 1st

  1. CrispyPete says:

    Hi Leeman, you would hate it round my place I can’t tell you how much unbuilt stuff I have!! My wife is always asking why I need to buy new shiny when I have so much still to build and paint, be it scenery or figures LOL ;). I’m not really a converter so I find building stuff the most challenging. Especially the Infinity stuff as it’s so fiddly and delicate. I now to your proficiency 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s