I’ve been working on my Aleph this weekend, and I’ve managed to complete one Devabot and one Functionary, and I’ve made a tweak to my Asura.
I was never happy with the Asura’s eyes, which initially were red with a white highlight, but they blended in a little too much with the pale skin tone, so I’ve revisited them with a Dark Angels Green, Snot Green and then Bilious Green highlight, which I think shows up a lot better:
Here are some detail shots of the Deva and Devabot – these were relatively simple to paint. I decided to keep the purple a little darker on the bot compared to the Deva and Asura – I think it looks a little more menacing with the darker tones compared to the more human-looking Aleph models, who have purple as a spot colour, and so it needs to show up a little more next to their black colours:
The black areas were highlighted first with a custom black ink/Codex Grey mix which I’ve had for years – it helps give a really subtle first stage highlight to my blacks, before I add a harsher line of Adeptus Battlegrey or Codex Grey. I added this really dark grey to the majority of the Deva’s trousers, to help differentiate it from his jacket (I think it gives the impression of them being made from a different material compared to the upper half).
Next up, detail of the Devabot:
My next plan is to finish the female Deva, and her bot, which then means my 300pt Neoterran force will be complete in time for the Winter Challenge!