I’ve been a little quiet of late as I’ve not had much hobby time since getting my Customeeple items. I’ve had a bit of time to actually get them undercoated and fully assembled, and I’ve begun adding detail to them. I undercoated them all with Army Painter Uniform Grey spray. Here’s a bit of a photodump of them. I’ve not completed any of them, but you should get the general idea with where I’m going with them from these pictures:
Lacking an airbrush, I’ve had to give these a hand-painted treatment for their details. The lighting has made the acrylic pieces look a little duller than they appear in person. The acrylic is actually nice and bright and should really stand out from across the table!
As well as these pieces, I also received some reinforcements for my Aleph, along with the Human Sphere book. While I won’t show pictures of that (it’s a book, after all), I have got some pics of the new models I’ve just finished assembling.
First off, the Aleph Support Pack, which contains the ever-useful Sophotect, along with a pair of Yudbot helpers and 3 Netrod AI Beacons:
I’m looking forward to finally putting an actual Sophotect on the table (I’ve been proxying mine with Thrasymedes for months!).
Next, the awesome Posthumans – I’ve tried these guys out twice so far and they are great on the table, although I’m not likely to take them to the tournament as the loss of an order by fielding them (they take up 2 spaces in your Combat Group but you only ever get 1 order no matter how many proxies you have). Still, for non-ITS games, these guys are fantastic:
With the Mk3 Proxy (far left), I’ve left off a lot of the extra ‘decoration’ – she’s meant to have these massive long antennae-like pieces which extend backwards with her hair, and a large flap which is meant to flow down from her lower back, but I think they make her too busy, which doesn’t gel too well with the rest of the range, so I’ve toned her down a bit – she’ll also make a good proxy for an Asura with Spitfire, if I ever feel like fielding a pair of them in a game.
Finally, something which will form the centrepiece of my Aleph force, the Marut TAG:
This thing took a bit of work to assemble – there are a lot more pieces to it compared with the last TAG I assembled (the fantastic Cutter). I built this one in stages – first working on the torso and legs, before waiting a day or so before attaching the arms, finally adding the head and other decorative elements.
I had to trim part of the right shoulderpad as it wouldn’t fit due to the rear part of the weapon getting in the way, but a quick bit of trimming and filing sorted that out! Infinity veterans may notice that she’s on a large round base rather than the 40mm + base extensions – that’s because I generally dislike the look of base extensions, especially for the larger models. Also, due to the new bases that Corvus Belli are supplying, the extensions don’t actually fit or have any real purchase on the side of the base, so attaching the TAG to it might mean it breaks off the base more often than not! I’ve decided that any models which require extensions will instead go onto 50mm bases, which I picked up on eBay. I think it looks much better and it should have negligible impact on the gameplay.
Next time, I’ll be getting some paint on these chaps before the Spring Challenge at the end of the month!