Brushwork – Thursday 27th November

Corporate Security Unit - click to enlarge

I found a bit more time this week to continue work on the Operation Icestorm commission, and I’m pleased to say I’m making some real progress.

I decided to take a break from painting blue and worked on the CSU. I decided that black and white would be the most business-like colours she could wear, but I wanted to add a splash of colour to her so her jacket was painted in Kabalite Green and highlighted with Sybarite Green.

Corporate Security Unit - click to enlarge
Corporate Security Unit – click to enlarge
Corporate Security Unit - click to enlarge
Corporate Security Unit – click to enlarge

I added a thin line down the back of her legs, to really make it clear that she’s wearing stockings rather than just having dirty legs!

Her hair was painted Snakebite Leather and drybrushed with Ushabti Bone, and a light wash of Reikland Fleshshade was applied just to mute the highlight colour a little and bring out the recesses.

Next, I continued work on the ORC trooper, although I still need to neaten him up a little and finish the detail.

ORC Trooper (work in progress) - click to enlarge
ORC Trooper (work in progress) – click to enlarge
ORC Trooper (work in progress) - click to enlarge
ORC Trooper (work in progress) – click to enlarge
ORC Trooper (work in progress) - click to enlarge
ORC Trooper (work in progress) – click to enlarge

Once this guy is complete, I’ll be working on the Grenz. So far I’ve just added the black to him:

Grenz Sniper - click to enlarge
Grenz Sniper – click to enlarge
Grenz Sniper - click to enlarge
Grenz Sniper – click to enlarge

In non-commission based work, I’ve spent some time updating my Tohaa bases – after a trip to Warfare I picked up some grass tufts and cork chippings, which I’ll be rebasing my Tohaa with. I had to clip off all of my existing Tohaa bases, and thankfully there were no casualties there, aside from a single Makaul who lost a foot at the ankle, but he’s my least favourite pose of the four, so it was no huge loss – I was able to re-connect his foot with little problem!

I’ve added the cork chippings fairly sparingly across my bases – I don’t want them to be too busy, since I don’t want to draw the eye away too much from the models, but something a little more ‘realistic’ will be favourable.

Tohaa with new bases (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Tohaa with new bases (work in progress) – click to enlarge

In addition to this, once I’ve painted the sand/cork, I’ll add some better grass than the bright green flock I was using before:

Grass tufts - click to enlarge
Grass tufts – click to enlarge

(Yes, that is a photo of grass tufts…)

I’m quite keen to crack on with these, although I’m deliberately holding off until the slow-grow league we’ll be running in January at Pigmar, our local club. I’ll be finally getting my teeth into the Tohaa, to really get to grips with them!

Advertisements

One thought on “Brushwork – Thursday 27th November

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s