I’ve not been quite as productive as I’d have liked to have been recently, but I’ve actually managed to get a few things done. I’m in final countdown before Pigfinity 2015 (which at the time of writing) is up to 18 players – a far larger number than I anticipated! It’s great as the amount of money we’ll be able to donate to Macmillan will be fantastic!
I’ve been able to get some various bits of gaming in in the time since my last post – I’ve been teaching a few friends how to play X-Wing, I finished second in our Infinity league, and last week I tried out a no-links Tohaa list for laughs.
Anyway, lately on my desk I’ve been working on a few bits – not content with the Dozer that I showed before, I revisited him and got rid of his dark green fatigues, instead going for more of a khaki, using Steel Legion Drab, washed with Agrax Earthshade, then highlighted with Steel Legion Drab and a 50/50 mix of Steel Legion Drab and Ushabti Bone for a second stage. I’m much happier with him now and it should translate well across to the rest of the USAriadna that I’m waiting to be delivered.
Next up, I decided to finish off the two Symbiomates (or Symbiobombs, I forget which is which!) – I lightened their blue slightly, although I think I kind of phoned these guys in if I’m honest. Perhaps one day I’ll revisit them, but since they’re mostly just markers, I’m in no rush:
I’m steadily working my way through the Pile of Shame ™, and with the latest addition of the Kamael with Defensive Hacking Device, the number of remaining unpainted Tohaa I have left is down to 5 models! (Although, sadly, I still have 27 other Infinity models left to paint!)
Finally for today’s post, here’s my Igao, who I’ve been itching to paint for a while – she’s such a stunning model, loaded with detail and with a fantastically animated pose. I wanted her to have a slightly darker colour scheme to the majority of my Tohaa, but still keep the black/blue colours. I also decided to add a patch of a different colour to her, by painting the two pieces of fabric in white then washing them with a couple of coats of Baal Red. I’ll likely attempt a bit of freehand on them at a later stage:
The dark grey armour was painted with an old pot of custom-mixed dark grey, then highlighted with a 50/50 mix of that and Mechanicus Standard Grey, with a final highlight of pure Mechanicus Standard Grey. I then washed it all with Nuln Oil to darken it slightly. Because of the hunched-over nature of her pose, I’ve taken an alternate angle with her propped up a little bit so you can see her straight on:
I’ll be using her in a game tomorrow night against my friend Craig, who’s taking his first foray away from his Haqqislam and dabbling with Nomads. I’m going to use this as an excuse to make a list using a few units that don’t often see the table in my lists, so I’ll document that at some point, perhaps alongside the Pigfinity After Action Report that I’ll get done early next week.
Finally for today, I figured I’d take a family photo of all of the Tohaa I’ve done to date, which I’m pretty pleased with:
I think I missed the point of Infinity being a skirmish game!