Brushwork – Monday 8th February

Authorised Bounty Hunter - click to enlarge

As I said at the end of last weeks’ post, I’ve got a Spektr and Bounty Hunter to show you this time!

For the Spektr, I simply followed the same theme as the rest of them. Nothing special really, although he’s a lovely model. I did add some additional black parts to him, on the ribbed areas, to tie him in with both the Alguaciles and the Reverend Custodier that I’ve got:

Nomad Spektr - click to enlarge
Nomad Spektr – click to enlarge
Nomad Spektr - click to enlarge
Nomad Spektr – click to enlarge
Nomad Spektr - click to enlarge
Nomad Spektr – click to enlarge

I’m actually enjoying painting the Nomads, and I look forward to applying this scheme to other models in the range eventually!

Next up is a conversion I’ve had sat around for a while. I figured he’ll make a good proxy for a Bounty Hunter with Combi Rifle (or, with some further conversion, he could have a Sniper Rifle instead). For this particular model, I wanted to paint him a colour which I don’t usually use, so after some deliberation, I went for green.

Authorised Bounty Hunter - click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter – click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter - click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter – click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter - click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter – click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter - click to enlarge
Authorised Bounty Hunter – click to enlarge

I started by painting the armour with the old Snot Green, which was washed with Thraka Green. I then re-coloured the panels with Snot Green, leaving the wash in the recesses. After this, I used Goblin Green as the first highlight, with Bilious Green (a really old colour which is super-bright) as a final highlight.

For his coat, I started with Abaddon Black, then added a 50/50 mix of Abaddon Black and P3 Coal Black, followed by pure Coal Black, then a final stage of Coal Black/Dawnstone. the weapon casing was painted Mechanicus Standard Grey, washed with Nuln Oil then highlighted with Dawnstone.

I wanted a contrasting colour for the helmet, but I wanted to avoid using white, which I’m so fond of doing (see my Tohaa or Nomads!), so I went for a bright orange with Trollslayer Orange highlighted with Bestigor Flesh. I think it’s done the trick!

I’ll finish this post with a group shot of the Nomads and Ariadna that I’ve finished to date, so you can see how they all look together:

All Nomads (8th Feb 2016) - click to enlarge
All Nomads (8th Feb 2016) – click to enlarge
All Ariadna (8th Feb 2016) - click to enlarge
All Ariadna (8th Feb 2016) – click to enlarge

Astute readers may notice that I’ve added the glowing orange bits to my Custodier, and that I’ve added some extra yellow stripes to the Ariadna shoulder pads!

That’s all for now – I’ll be back next time with something to show – I’m not sure what yet – suggestions are welcome from my Pile of Shame!

Advertisements

6 thoughts on “Brushwork – Monday 8th February

  1. The Invincible Army says:

    Great paint jobs as usual, would you mind sharing how you achieved the glowing looking effect on the Spektr? I would love to do the same for my Yu Jing but I screwed it up once, I found yellow a difficult glowing colour to achieve.

    1. Lee says:

      Sure! It’s actually just Fire Dragon Bright, washed with Agrax Earthshade, then I add a spot of Fire Dragon Bright (henceforth FDB), leaving the ink in the recess. Then I simply mix a bit of white into the FDB and add this as a brighter spot. FDB is such a bright colour anyway that adding the white really makes it glow!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s