Brushwork – Sunday 10th April

Reverend Healer - click to enlarge

Just a short post this week – it’s been fairly productive – I managed to finish off my extra Dreadball Robots, as well as complete another model from my Pile of Shame.

The Dreadball Robots were fairly quick to do – a basecoat of Coat D’Arms Bavarian Blue, Celestra Grey on the grey parts then a wash with Asurmen Blue on the blue parts and Nuln Oil on the grey parts, followed by simple line highlights with the original colours. The small lights were picked out in Trollslayer Orange. Depending on the position being played I varied the ‘eye’ colour – Red for Strikers, Green for Guards and Yellow for Jacks.

Dreadball Robot Team booster - click to enlarge
Dreadball Robot Team booster – click to enlarge
Dreadball Robot Team booster - click to enlarge
Dreadball Robot Team booster – click to enlarge

You may notice that I’ve adjusted their symbols on their backs as well, adding a bright orange colour to it on one side to make it clearer that it was on a different orientation depending on the position being played. In addition to this change, I also removed the hazard stripes from the base fronts of the rest of the team and went with the same red blocks that I’d done on the two teams for the club – it was faster and less visually confusing, I felt!

Here’s a nice group photo of (hopefully) all the Robots I’ll ever need! I plan to get a box set of my own at some point (possibly as a birthday present, if Mrs Leeman is reading this 😉 ), although for now I’m content playing games using Darren’s or the Club’s pitch.

Dreadball Robots - click to enlarge
Dreadball Robots – click to enlarge

Back on my normal territory, I finished off the Reverend Healer that I’ve had for about 18 months! Like the rest of my Nomads, she has their dark green/bone colour scheme:

Reverend Healer - click to enlarge
Reverend Healer – click to enlarge
Reverend Healer - click to enlarge
Reverend Healer – click to enlarge

I went for purple hair, as the natural colours I tried (brown, blonde and black) just didn’t stand out next to the rest of the model. I wanted to avoid red as I’d used it on the female Alguacile I painted up before. In the end, I went for purple as I already know it makes a nice contrast from the deep green, since my Aleph share these same colours. I gave her some deep red lipstick and some blue eyeshadow (because every female in the Human Sphere has to look her best before hitting the battlefield!) which helped define her face a little more.

I’m quite enjoying paining the Nomads up, so I think I may expand on them later in the year – they’ve got some lovely models that I’d like to apply these colours to!

I’ll leave you with a quick work-in-progress shot of a classic Techmarine I’m working on for a friend:

Techmarine commission (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Techmarine commission (work in progress) – click to enlarge

That’s all from me this week. Next week, I’m hoping to finish off my Guilang as well as the first PanO model I’ve painted in nearly 18 months!

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Brushwork – Sunday 10th April

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s