It’s been quiet of late – I’ve been concentrating on getting stuff ready for the Tournament which happened at the end of April, which I’m pleased to say I placed 5th in (out of 20)! I’ve also acquired a light-tent for photography purposes…
As you can see below, I’ve got a light-tent courtesy of my future mother-in-law and her partner, which I’m very grateful for! I need a couple of other lamps but this seems to be okay for now – all the rest of the images in this particular post were taken using this setup, and I think they’ve come out pretty well!
First up is a job I’m doing as a favour to one of my gaming buddies, who wants his Deathwing Terminators magnetised so they can be used as Deathwing Knights or as Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield Terminators. The hands have been magnetised at the wrist-joint, and I’ll be green-stuffing over the magnet to make it blend in and hide the extension of the arm-length from both magnets.
I’ll try and get some pics of the rest of the unit as I get them built/magnetised.
Next up, here’s a picture of one of my Standard Bearers, who’s had a basic paper banner for the past 10 years, and I decided to spruce it up a little more – we were told that at the Tournament we went to we’d need a suitable figure to act as an ‘Ambassador’, although this rule never got used.
I also managed to get my first lot of Infinity models built and painted, and here they are:
I went for quite a bright colour scheme, as the more muted tones used in the official colour schemes, while nice, don’t really stand out for me.