More progress – I’m slowly fighting back the pile of shame, and I’ve completed three models this week – Phoenix (who’s been shown here), Machaon and Diomedes.
First off, Machaon:
Machaon was fairly standard in terms of painting – I blended the highlights on his purple armour plates, although for the black I just went for some two-stage highlights. I may revisit him in time and neaten him up a little bit, perhaps add some stubble to his face, and tidy up the lock of hair that’s across his forehead (right now it just looks like a misplaced brushstroke!)
Next is Diomedes. I took a fair bit more time on this guy, as he’s a far more elaborate figure, and having more armour plates meant that I’d have to do a fair few more highlight stages on him. It’s the usual recipe (Naggaroth, Xereus and Genestealer Purple in varying degrees of mixes), with the P3 Coal Black/Kabalite/Sybarite green on the weapons and select pieces of his armour:
His skin, like all of my Aleph, was painted with Rakarth Flesh, then washed with Reikland Fleshshade, and a single highlight of Rakarth Flesh was added back for some definition. For his blonde hair I started with Snakebite Leather washed with Reikland Fleshshade, then gave it a drybrush of Snakebite Leather and Bleached Bone to pick out some of the hair.
Next time, I tackle everyone’s favourite biosynthetic nut-job, Achilles!