It’s been a bit of a longer gap between posts than I would have liked, but that’s mainly due to hobby time being limited – that changed this week, however. I’ve also had a change of theme and been able to add lightbox functionality to my images!
I’ve been working on finishing a commission job I started about a year ago for a friend (hence the normally inexcusable time for completion) – 500pts of Dark Eldar which were initially intended for a local doubles tournament, but time and other commitments meant none of us could make it and so we had to pull out. I’ve finally been spurred on to complete these, which I’m sure my friend is happy to hear (even though he insists there’s no rush!). I intend to stick to single units in the future for commission jobs, so that I’ve not got a whole heap of stuff on the go at once. Anyway, I digress!
The purple armour is painted first with a coat of Naggaroth Night, and has a two-stage highlight of Xereus Purple followed by Genestealer Purple. The green tabards are P3 Coal Black followed by a highlight of Kabalite Green. The metallics are simply Leadbelcher washed with Agrax Earthshade.
I added some Baal Red wash to the canopies of the Venoms – it’s not quite as good as the Tamiya stuff I borrowed to do the orange on my own Dark Eldar canopies, but it’s sufficient for a tint. I added a layer of PVA glue over top once it was dry to bring back a little bit of glossiness to the canopy:
This next Venom was converted by my friend before the official model was released:
I still have 1 more Venom to complete (not pictured) to complete this commission job and hand it back to my friend. Better late than never!