Brushwork – Wednesday 28th October

Senor Massacre - click to enlarge

Wow, quite a break since my last post! It’s probably best I recap what I’ve been up to this month!

At the start of the month we had a little 4-man ITS tournament over at my friend’s house. We were playing 3 missions from ITS which we haven’t played all that much – Lifeblood, Coffin Raiders and Emergency Transmission. Similar to the 4-man event we did last year at my place, we would be playing each other once rather than going with a swiss-system of pairings. Like last year, I took my Tohaa, while Craig had his new Nomads, Adam had his Haqqislam and Darren had his Ariadna.

I played Darren at Coffin Raiders, Craig at Lifeblood and Adam at Emergency Transmission – I managed to lose all 3 of my games (rather predictably!) and place 3rd – I’d been lucky in that my first game, despite being a loss, was quite highly scored. Because first and second place already had Armand Le Muet models from previous tournament wins, I was gifted him along with a random blister, which turned out to be a Djanbazan with HMG – certainly a useful model!

Here’s a couple of shots of the tables during round 1:

Table 1 - Round 1 (Coffin Raiders) - click to enlarge
Table 1 – Round 1 (Coffin Raiders) – click to enlarge
Table 2 - Round 1 (Coffin Raiders) - click to enlarge
Table 2 – Round 1 (Coffin Raiders) – click to enlarge

And here’s the models that I got for taking part. I’ve converted the Djanbazan a bit so that he’s holding his HMG a little more sensibly, rather than looking like he’s in the midst of dropping it! It only involved a small amount of clipping away on his chest armour and a small amount of green stuff to fill the gap in his arm join:

Djanbazan with HMG (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Djanbazan with HMG (work in progress) – click to enlarge
Armand Le Muet (work in progress) - click to enlarge
Armand Le Muet (work in progress) – click to enlarge

In terms of painting, I decided to treat myself and paint up my Senor Massacre that I won back in March. I was originally going to paint him in the same colours as Deadpool, but a quick Google search showed that it had been done before, many, many times! One particular scheme that caught my eye was this one, and so I looked at doing my own spin on him for my own. I added a little more red to it than Levitas did, as I wanted him to have a slightly warmer colour palette:

Senor Massacre - click to enlarge
Senor Massacre – click to enlarge
Senor Massacre - click to enlarge
Senor Massacre – click to enlarge

I painted him with Rakarth Flesh washed with Reikland Fleshshade, then highlighted back up with Rakarth Flesh with gradual additions of white. The black areas were painted with my usual highlights of a custom dark grey then Mechanicus Standard Grey. The straps were painted Steel Legion Drab washed with Agrax Earthshade then with a highlight of Steel Legion Drab.

Here’s a detail shot of his eyes, since they’re a little difficult to see in the previous images:

Senor Massacre eye detail - click to enlarge
Senor Massacre eye detail – click to enlarge

I’ve got a couple of commission pieces to work on next, along with the two Dreadball teams for our club copy of Dreadball, so I’ll do a quick blog post on those when they’re done.

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “Brushwork – Wednesday 28th October

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s