Just a short post today, as I’ve managed to complete some magnet and greenstuff work on a friend’s Deathwing Terminators, as well as finalise a colour scheme for my Space Wolf army and wanted to share:
A friend of mine is reviving his Dark Angels of old with some newer models, and he was undecided about whether to use a unit of Deathwing Knights or a unit of Termiantors with Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield. I suggested he do both using magnets, although he wasn’t confident about the job, so I offered to do it for him. I’ve managed to get the polarities of the magnets correct so that there’s no need to pair up a model with a specific weapon. I won’t show every combination, as I’m sure you get the idea, although I’ve added a group shot at the end:
Next up, my non-Space Wolf Space Wolf army! Regular readers will know that I’ve amassed quite a collection of Space Marines over the years. Last year I divided them up a little and decided to start a Salamander army to serve as an alternative to my Redeemers. After a little while, I decided the sons of Vulkan weren’t for me, as they didn’t really differ that much from my normal Marine army (both being from the same codex and all). After much deliberation, I decided that the Space Wolf codex might prove an interesting alternative, what with Space Wolf infantry being marginally better than their Codex-adhering cousins.
I wanted to avoid another grey army if possible, and so the traditional Space Wolf colour scheme wasn’t an option, so I had to do a bit of research for any Space Wolf successors (officially there are none, although around the world there are bound to be a few players who have descendant chapters), or, my preferred option, create a chapter with a little bit of fluff to support why they fight differently but don’t cover themselves in all the norse/wolf related bling. In the end, the latter option really was my only choice, and so the Wolf Claws chapter was born. I’ve added their fluff etc to the Armies section.
Using the Space Marine Painter from Bolter and Chainsword, I mocked up this chap, along with some Photoshopping of a chapter symbol which would be easy to paint freehand:
And here’s my first test model:
I’ve managed to get the whole army undercoated and have added sand to their bases, and I’ve made starts on a few other models from the list. I’ll add some more images in a future post.